Flat Roofing, Roof Cleaning
New Roofs, Flat Roofs, Guttering, Facias and more...
Weathershield are a small professional family run business specialising in roof maintenance, new roofs, flat roofs and roof repair. We also offer services for Guttering and Downpipe, Fascias, Soffits and Cladding, Cleaning and Renewal. As a member of the Confederation of Roofing Contractors we are able to offer both the security of larger, national roofing companies whilst maintaining a personal and friendly services you would expect from a local business who take pride in customer satisfaction. Please feel free to give us a call on 0800 169 7525 should you have any questions.
Tips for Roof Maintenance
- Don't put off minor repairs or your costs could go through the roof!
- Check for signs of deterioration eg. loose, cracked or slipping slates or tiles. Cracked or blistered roofing felt and crumbling cement fillers
- Try to use like match when replacing materials - some older buildings were not built to withstand the weight of more modern materials such as concrete tiles
- Damp Patches on upstairs ceilings or light between the loft rafters signal a leaking roof; however, remember that water can run along rafters and beams so patches may not necessarily be directly beneath the leak.
- Inspect the roof after storms or high winds especially, but try to check it regularly - Autumn and Spring are good times to check (before and after winter) and an easy and safe way to do so is to ask an neighbor if you can take a look from their windows.
- Get quotes (written where possible) from more than one contractor and compare service as well as prices. Weather Shield will beat any legitimate quotation.
- Check whether you need building regulation approval or listed building consent.
- All Contractors must carry Public Liability Insurance - ask to see proof for your peace of mind. We will be more than happy to show you our's.
- Try where possible to use a Contractor who is a member of the Confederation of Roofing Contractors. This means that any work carried out will be backed by a minimum 10 year guarantee. You will not be at risk should the Contractor you choose cease operating, as the Confederation will cover and repair costs in this case for added peace of mind.